Northbound on the Appalachian Trail

Friday, August 2, 2013

Back At It!!!

August 2, 2013 - Day 4
Start: Pinkham Notch
End: Wildcat Peak D
Daily Mileage: 3.0
Total Mileage: 16.4

Yesterday, DDL and I explored around Crawford Notch. We found Silver Cascade, a beautiful waterfall right on Rt.302. We decided to test out my knee with a short rocky hike and eat a little snack by the waterfall. My knee felt fine!!! Amazing!! The short hike up and down the rocks to the waterfall left me hopeful that I would be able to do some hiking today. About 12pm, we left Pinkham Notch and headed towards Wildcat. We planned to do the 3 miles to Wildcat D, where there is a gondola that we would take down. A short hike is exactly what I need to test my knee a little more. The first mile was poorly marked, muddy, and pretty flat, but after the first mile, we started to climb. The next two miles gained 2000 feet in elevation. It felt AMAZING to get some climbing in!!! At Wildcat Peak E, we stopped for a short snack break so we could admire the views of Washington and the ridges we had hiked the other day. A short .3 miles later and we arrived at Wildcat Peak D. My knee felt perfect! I don't know how it healed so fast, but I'm ecstatic that it did! Tomorrow, there are more descents then there were today so that will be the last test. I am really looking forward to tomorrow!!

Peace Be The Journey
~Flicka

No comments:

Post a Comment